The Concept2 Utility is free software available from Concept2 that allows you to update the firmware in your Performance Monitor, upload your workouts to your Concept2 Online Logbook, and manage the data on your LogCard or USB flash drive.
Concept2 Utility Requirements
To use the Concept2 Utility you need to have:
- An internet connection for uploading workouts to the Online Logbook or for downloading new versions of firmware.
- A PM5 monitor with workouts in memory or a USB flash drive or LogCard with data on it. If using a LogCard, we recommend using a PM3 or PM4 as the card reader.
- A USB port and appropriate USB A-B or USB B-C cable if you are connecting a PM3, PM4, or PM5 to your computer. If you are transferring results and updating Firmware on a PM5 using a USB flash drive, you do not need the cable.
The Concept2 Utility is Windows and Mac compatible. Refer to the system requirements below.
Windows System Requirements
Windows 7 or newer. 64-bit Windows only.
- Laptops and tablets with very high resolution screens such as Surface Pro, Surface Pro 2, Surface 3 and Surface 4 which run Windows 8 or Windows 10 should work with the Utility. However, the screen DPI setting may need to be adjusted for optimal experience.
- Concept2 recommends downloading with Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser. Users have reported issues with downloading and installing when using Internet Explorer. If Internet Explorer is your only option, you may need to rename the downloaded file to "Concept2UtilitySetup.exe" before it can be installed.
If running 32-bit Windows, the most recent working version of the Utility is 7.09.0. Note: This version is not compatible with some monitors shipped after September 2020.
Macintosh System Requirements
MacOS 10.13 or later
- PM3s must be upgraded to firmware version 97 or above on a Windows PC first, then can use a Mac to install future firmware updates.
OS X 10.12 and Earlier
If running OS X 10.12 or earlier, the most recent working version of the Utility is 7.09.2. Note: This version is not compatible with some monitors shipped after September 2020.
Concept2 Utility 7.10.15
Note: The latest releases of the Concept2 Utility only support 64-bit Windows and
Mac OS 10.13 and later. If you are running an older version, please install the legacy version for Windows or Mac OS. Install links are available further down this page.