We offer a variety of grips so that athletes can choose materials and diameters that fit them best.
Replacement grips are available for purchase. For oars older than 2004 (on a fixed length or 10 cm length adjustable handle), please contact us for assistance.
- Diameters: 32 mm (thin), 34.5 mm (medium), 37 mm (thick)
- Firm, smooth texture
- Most durable, easy to clean
- 33.5 mm diameter
- Radial finger sized contours and brushed texture
- Firm, durable material
- Diameters: 32 mm (thin) or 34.5 mm (medium)
- Soft, suede-like texture
- Adhesive-backed synthetic suede grip layer
- Easy and inexpensive to replace; no tools required
- Requires more frequent replacement than our other grip options
Ice Blue and Azure Blue
- Diameters: 33.5 mm (Ice Blue), 36 mm (Azure Blue)
- Firm feel with longitudinal ribs
- Easy to clean
- 35mm diameter
- Firm, rubber texture
- Durable, does not show dirt
Blue Cellular Foam
- 35 mm diameter
- Soft feel with a firm, sponge-like texture
- Requires more frequent cleaning to retain grip properties
Note: We recommend our Microfibre Suede sweep grips over our Blue Cellular Foam grip, as many customers have confirmed our opinion that the grip and feel of the suede is better than the blue foam. Both the suede and blue foam feature a surface that is slightly absorbent, and both will wear out much faster than the very durable green rubber grips; however, the suede is easier and less costly to replace then the blue foam.
The bare core is meant to be rowed with a grip, but we offer this option for people who plan to use their own or another manufacturer’s grips on their sculls.
|Grip||Adjustable Composite Scull Handle|
|Contoured Orange||33.5 mm|
|Ice Blue||33.5 mm|
|Azure Blue||36 mm|
|Black Rubber||35 mm|
|Blue Cellular Foam||35 mm|
|Bare Core||30 mm|