Each day we offer three workouts to help you stay on track with your training. Choose from the short, medium, or long workout depending on your goals and schedule for that day.
If you don't like what we've chosen, use the “show alternate” links to display random selections for each workout type.
Workout durations include time to warm up and cool down. These durations may vary somewhat for distance-based training, depending on your pace.
|Max 30 min.||45 min.||60+ min.|
Your workouts for October 21, 2021
Stroke pyramid: 1,2,3...15...2,1 / 3 light
Row a pyramid of hard pedal revs from one to 15 with three light revs between each set. So it will be: one rev hard followed by three light. Then two revs hard followed by three light. Three hard, three light. 4/3. 5/3. 6/3 through to 15 hard, 3 light and then back down. 14/3. 13/3 and so on to 1/3.
PM5: Just start rowing or press A once
3 x 8 min / 4 min easy
Ride three 8 minute pieces. Ride for four minutes easily between the pieces.
4 x 10 min with cadence increase / 4 min easy
Ride four 10 minute pieces. Ride the first four minutes of each @ 75 rpm. Then three minutes @ 80 rpm, two @ 85 and one @ 90. Ride for four minutes easily during the rest period.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
Prepare and recover: Warm-up, cool-down, and stretch every time you train. Remember that workouts of greater intensity require a longer warm-up.
Use the button sequences: Button sequences are provided to help you set up your PM3, PM4 or PM5. Starting from the Main Menu, press the grey buttons on the right as indicated by the sequence: "A" corresponds to the top grey button on the right, "B" corresponds to the second grey button on the right, and so on down through E.
To access and view even more data, download our free app, ErgData.
About intensity: These workouts are designed to work for a wide range of ability and experience, so they do not specify a certain pace, power, or heart rate zone.
- Hard: Intense work that still allows you to finish the workout.
- Sustainable: A pace that can be maintained comfortably for the entire workout. Intensity where you are able to carry on a conversation.
- Light pressure or easy paddling, poling or pedalling: Rest phase. Don’t stop! Continue very slowly and easily.
Remember: You are always welcome to adjust the intensity to meet your needs!
Damper Setting: Unless otherwise noted:
- Indoor Rower: 3-5 provides the best aerobic workout. More on damper.
- SkiErg: 1-3, then adjust (as desired) to match different ski and snow conditions.
- BikeErg: Use a damper setting that allows you to maintain the cadence (rpm) suggested.
Cadence/Stroke Rate: Generally, a higher cadence/stroke rate is used on shorter workouts. Lower cadence/stroke rates are for longer workouts. Unless otherwise noted:
- Indoor Rower: 22-30 strokes per minute (spm).
- SkiErg: 35-45 pulls per minute (spm).
- BikeErg: 60-100 revolutions per minute (rpm).