ErgData is a free application designed to run on Android devices. It supports Bluetooth Smart wireless connectivity for connecting the Android device to a Concept2 Indoor Rower or SkiErg equipped with a PM5. For Concept2 Indoor Rowers and SkiErgs equipped with a PM3 or PM4, ErgData supports a wired connection to Android devices that support USB Host Mode. To make a wired connection, ErgData requires an Android Concept2 cable (available from Concept2). Alternately, it is possible to use a USB cable and a USB OTG (On-The-Go)* adapter to connect the Android device to the Concept2 Indoor Rower or SkiErg. Not all Android devices support USB connection to a PM3 or PM4, so please check the compatibility list below or test your device before purchasing cables or a cradle for your device.
- Concept2 Indoor Rowers or SkiErgs equipped with a PM3, PM4 or PM5 (Important: Please review the Known Issues to ensure Performance Monitor compatibility prior to purchase.):
- A compatible Android device that supports Bluetooth Smart (for wireless connection to PM5s) or USB Host mode (for wired connection to PM3s, PM4s or PM5s). To test compatibility, use the “USB Host Diagnostics” app available free from the Google Play Store. If the USB Host Diagnostics pass all tests, then ErgData for Android will work.
The following versions support USB Host mode:
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb API Level 12 or higher should work but no testing has been done by Concept2. Use the USB Host diagnostics to check.
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Android Concept2 cable* (available from Concept2)
- Order part number 2781 for [prices:android-connection-kit].
- Includes an interface cable* as well as a cradle to hold your Android smartphone
- *The cable included with the Android Connection Kit is equipped with a USB Micro-B connector. Some Android phones only have USB-C connectors, which are incompatible with the included cable. Before purchasing the kit, ensure that your Android device is compatible with this type of connector. If your device isn't compatible, we recommend purchasing just the smartphone cradle, and purchasing a USB-C cable from another retailer.
- Smartphone Cradle
- Order part number 1098 for [prices:smartphone-cradle] (not needed if you purchase the kit (part number 2781), because a cradle is included in the kit)
Please note that Concept2 cannot guarantee compatibility with any particular device. Manufacturers frequently make changes that may disable ErgData, or you may have an earlier version than we tested. Some devices may require additional steps or special hardware to make it work, and some will never work.
Refer to the following table for some common Android devices and our current test results.
Device Compatibility Asus Infinity Tablet Yes Droid Razr M Yes Google Nexus 7 (2012 version) Yes Google Nexus 7 (2013 version) Yes Google Nexus/Verizon Yes HTC DNA Yes HTC One
Yes OnePlus One
Yes Motorola G4 (US version) Yes Motorola Rzr Maxx HD Yes Nexus 6 Yes Samsung Galaxy 4 Yes Samsung Galaxy S5 Yes Sony Xperia GO 4.1 Yes Sony Experia z5 Yes Coby MID 4331-4 No Droid 4 No Google Nexus 4 No HTC Droid Incredible No Samsung Fascinate No
Note: ErgData will not function properly if a LogCard is in the PM3/PM4 or a USB flash drive is in the PM5. Remove any LogCard or USB flash drive before using ErgData.
* USB OTG (On-The-Go) enables your phone to act as a USB host, meaning to operate other devices that you connect to it. It allows your phone to connect to additional hardware such as the PM3, PM4 or PM5. To find out if your Android device supports USB OTG, you can download an OTG app that will check your device.